Sunday, November 22, 2020

100-Day Practice! Day 2

 Day 2--This was an interesting morning. The alarm was set to wake me up at 5:00am so I'd have enough time to do all the things I require to sit comfortably and then transition to moving. That was my routine for the three years of training on the mountain. 

After going to bed last night, I woke up feeling like it was time to get up to start the day. However, it was only 3:30 or so. I went back to sleep expecting to hear the alarm at 5:00am. Lots of dreaming until I felt, again, that it was time to start my day. Well, this time it was 5:50am! 

I hadn't heard the alarm at all. Realizing that I only had 10 minutes before I needed to sit, I got up and did all that was immediately necessary and was on the floor sitting in the meditation room at 6:01! What came up for me during sitting was immense feelings of gratitude for my mother, Rose, for choosing to give birth to me. Her daughter, who would have been my older sister, was stillborn. I celebrate my mother's courage and faith to have me in spite of the trauma she experienced with her first child.

I closed my sitting with a massage of both my feet and ankles to prepare for doing Taijiquan. I went to Morningside Park in the basketball court to practice the form and stayed there until 8:15am. Outside was windy and cold and the park was relatively empty save for several geese and the occasional passerby walking a dog. It was quiet and peaceful being amidst the trees. 

By biggest challenge in doing the form was completing the 270 degree turn on the rough asphalt. The heel of my right sneaker kept getting "stuck" about 3/4 of the way through the clockwise rotation. I had to use my right arm more assertively to create enough spin without throwing my balance off. I chose to not overdo it to preserve my ability to return tomorrow to training again... All in all, it was a good and productive second day. 

Question: What is your clear intention for doing this sitting and moving meditation for the next 98 days?

Blessings,                                                                                                                                             

"To be great, get it done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment