Thursday, November 26, 2020

100-Day Practice! Day 6

 Day 6

As I sit and as I move this morning, I am full of gratitude for each breath that courses through me. I am thankful for my health and well-being. I am grateful for my family, friends, teachers, students, fellow travelers. I am thankful for another day, a moment to think/do a new view, more than mere driftwood in the mainstream...

Pause-

Reflect on the historical roots of the creation of the United States of America and the prestidigitation and obfuscation served by the Thanksgiving Holiday: read about The First Thanksgiving; the 1795 Treaty of San Lorenzo between Spain and the United States; the Indian Removal Act of 1830 and the Trail of Tears.

What this country experienced these past four years is not novel--just obvious and unadorned. The current president is part of this country's long legacy of active indifference...

Blessings,
Doc

"To be great, get it done!"


No comments:

Post a Comment