Monday, November 23, 2020

100-Day Practice! Day 3

Focus and Single Mindedness

 Day 3--This morning, as I sat and heard the rain falling outside, I was overwhelmed with the deep satisfaction of each breath. The simplicity of just being. 

Synchronistically, one of the 100-Day Practice! participants sent me a reference about the breath stated by Thich Nhat Hahn. 

Hopefully, he'll contribute this and his other insights in the Comment section.

In preparation to teach an advanced Tai Chi For Arthritis class later in the morning, my movement meditation was focused on refining that form and configuring how best to shift the viewer angle for a Zoom screen format. That process of discovery was very helpful in refining my ongoing personal practice and teaching of this Sun Style Taijiquan. 

I hope your day is blessed!
Doc

"To be great, get it done!"


2 comments:



  1. Breathing

    Breathing in, I know I am breathing in.
    Breathing out, I know I am breathing out.
    As my in breath grows deep,
    My out-breath grows slow.
    Breathing in, I calm my body
    Breathing out, I feel ease.
    Breathing in, I smile.
    Breathing out, I release.
    Dwelling in the present moment,
    I know this is a wonderful moment.

    Thich Nhat Hanh, Stepping into Freedom, Parallax Press, Berkeley, CA 1997, pp. 17-18, 24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brother John. Beautiful meditation...

    ReplyDelete